LDS Church News Articles
January 9, 2010 - HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn meets with LDS Charities
and other church leaders in Thailand to recognize the Church's efforts in bringing clearn warter to schools used by Hill Tribes children in remote areas of Tak province, northern Thailand. The royal princess handles most ceremonial dusties for the royal family since her father at age 82 is starting to experience some health challenges. She is his second daughter. His first daughter lost the title of crown princess when she married an American.
January 9, 2010 - A Cambodian refugee in Thailand
receives keyboard as gift from the Harman Music Education Fund. The Cambodian branch in the Bangkok area was devastated in February 2007 when Thailand forced repartiataion of numerous Cambodian refugees. These refugees have many challenges trying to live in Thailand.
October 15, 2009 - Missionaries from Thailand called to serve in Thailand start their missions for the first time at the MTC in Manila, Philippines
September 26, 2009 - Sister Suree Ratchata
of the Ubon branch is eastern Thailand has been a faithful member since 1976
February 14, 2009 - Virginia Lewis, the first Relief Society President
in Thailand (Bangkok Branch 1966) reminisces about her ancestors in Draper, Utah prior to the dedication of the Draper Utah temple.
September 22, 2007 - Few, But Faithful
- Elder Dallin H. Oaks visited members in outlying areas of Asia, including Chiang Mai, Thailand.
November 11, 2006 - Thailand Anniversary
- The Bangkok Stake celebrated the 40th Anniversary of the Dedication of Thailand for the preaching of the Gospel.
March 26, 2006 - Laos Dedicated
- Elder Jeffrey R. Holland dedicated Laos for the preaching of the gospel on February 23, 2006 in Vientiane, Laos.
February 25, 2006 - National Children's Day
- Members of the Don Muang branch of the Bangkok Thailand Stake man a booth for the celebration of National Children's day in mid-January.
April 23, 2005 - Pure Religion
- Welfare Service Missionaries in Bangkok offer assistance to a hospital administrator.
March 12, 2005 - Relief Society - Serving in Asia
- Sister Parkin, Relief Society General President reports on her visit to countries in Asia including Thailand.
January 29, 2005 - Tsunami Disaster - Members Reach Out
- Elder Walch - Welfare Services Country director for Thailand reports on trips by members to the devastated area to offer emotional support to those who lost so much in the disaster.
January 8, 2005 - Tsunami Disaster - Out of Harms Way
- Some church members and at least on investigator escaped the wrath of the Tsunami in Phuket Thailand by attending the sacrament meeting group that assembles weekly in that resort area.
February 14, 2004 - Emerging Church in Cambodia
- The Church dedicates a new multi-use buildiong in Phnom Penh signaling the growth of the church there since 1996.
Novemebr 29, 2003 - "Cambodian Ambassador lauds Church
" - Cambodia's Ambassador to the United States lauds the Church College of Hawaii for its' efforts to educate youth from Asia.
August 9, 2003 - "Helping Burmese Children
" - Saints from Australia comes to the rescue of hundreds of Burmese Children who have been orphaned due to fighting in Burna.
January 11, 2003 - "LDS Scouts meet at World Jamboree
" - Thailand a strong supported of scouting hosted the World Scout Jamboree near Satthahip, Thailand. King Rama VI started Thailand support of Scouting in the early 20th century.
July 1, 2000 - "We Have Been on a Long Jorney, but it was a Wonderful Occasion" -
News of President Gordon B. Hinckley's visit to Thailand
in June 2000. On this long trip he also visited the South Pacfic and Australia.